Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Gingerbread Boy Tag and Card

This year, since I had a very late start on Christmas because of traveling, I only made one batch of gingerbread cookies. I thought that a cute tag using Sizzix dies (gingerbread boy and loop edge tag) would be perfect to accompany the homebaked gifts. When I found a 'Got Milk' clear stamp in a set with gingerbread images, I knew I had to use it on the tag. I liked the tags so much I made a large card too. To hold the gingerbread cocoa mix on the card, I cut two horizontal slits (about and inch apart) in the green print paper and slipped the mix into the opening before taping down the printed paper to the red card. I embellished the tags and card further by gluing on some mini holly garlands, plastic charms, red acrylic dewdrops, and glitter (use white drying glue to make it look like icing). I know that this project is very late for Christmas 2010, but maybe you can keep this tag/card idea in your head and make gingerbread cookies next year. I know that I need to get an earlier start on crafting for the holidays (begin in July?) but then I say this at the end of every year....sigh....next year will be the one that will be organized!

2 comments:

Joy said...

I know what you mean, I say it every year around this time... gotta start earlier next year. And then the Holidays sneak up on me!

So, I'm starting on my Spring designs already which is a nice change from working with all of the reds and greens of Christmas.

Cute idea for the gingerbread boy, I have that die , too, and I think I'll just have to add bunny ears to him! LOL!

Wishing you and your family a very Happy Christmas and a Fabulous New Year!

Cheryl said...

Merry Christmas Lynn!!! Hey, what company makes that stamp? It's cute! I'm very last minute too this year. These last 2 weeks have been pretty bad for me and now I have to go to PT for 3 weeks but it's helping. Have a great Christmas and New Year!!!