Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Sled Card

Living in Hawaii for most of my life, I never experienced the fun of winter activities like sledding. Perhaps that is the reason I gravitated to this Penny Black clear stamp (from a set). When I saw a penguin skating card in a magazine, I knew what I wanted to do with the cute little girl image. The trick to the card is the slit in the snow through which the sledding girl moves. It is made by punching two holes (regular-size hole punch) and joining them with two cuts made with an craft knife and ruler. (There is a punch or die which makes this whole cut out slit but I don't own one.) Behind the girl are three foam pop-dots (two large and one small). The small foam pop dot is between the two larger ones and is the part that slides along the opening. If you have trouble with the pop dots sticking to the card, just sprinkle on some cornstarch after the dots are stuck together. The papers used on this card are from the Martha Stewart Christmas pad of two-sided printed card stock (available at Ben Franklin Crafts). If time permits, I will submit instructions for this card to the projects section of our website (www.bfcraftclub.com). Thanks for taking the time to read this post during this very busy time of the year. Wishing you happy, stress-free crafting!




3 comments:

Shirley N said...

OMGosh Lynn, great minds think alike--would you believe I was going to use this very same stamp and make the same slider card after I finished the card I'm currently working on! Your card is so pretty I'm afraid to make mine now!

Cheryl said...

What a cute slider card Lynn! I was just looking at that stamp over the weekend at one of the BF stores. Ha, I can't even remember what store now. Happy holidays to you and your hubby!!!

Joy said...

Cute card, Lynn! I really love all the sparkly accents, too!

Can't wait to see what you come up with next!