Thursday, February 18, 2021

Unicorn Picnic Birthday Card

Needing a birthday card for one of my favorite people, I decided to break out my Lawn Fawn unicorn picnic stamps and dies.  The birthday girl has a cheerful disposition which is why I think unicorns and rainbows match her. I also chose to use the LF reveal wheel die and extra parts because I love interactive cards....makes it look like I really worked hard...*wink*wink*
A close up of the reveal wheel shows how the recipient can rotate the words to show three  different adjectives.  Perhaps it would be better to choose shorter words because the ones I used barely fit in the cloud opening.  You can also see in this photo the pastel pearlescent paper rainbow which was cut with the Lawn Fawn rainbow die.
At first I was going to use the dessert stamps and dies that came with the LF sets, but then I found the Doodlebug Designs stickers on my messy desk and decided to use them instead.  I think it was a good choice because they look so luscious.  The unicorns were colored with Copic pens (gold pens on horns) and glazed over with Scribbles clear sparkle.  For the clouds, I used Martha Stewart flocking powder (white with sparkles). The background card stock (KaiserCraft) and the card base (Paper Accent) are products from HM Ben Franklin Crafts. If you're like me, you'll have fun playing with this type of card before mailing it off, which is reason enough to make interactive cards.  Send some sunshine in an envelope to someone who truly deserves it!

 

1 comment: