Sunday, February 14, 2021

Valentine Bears Shaker Card

I didn't get to use this Hero Arts stamp set last year so I was determined to make something with it this year.  I love the sweet bear images which I colored with Copic pens and die cut with the matching HA set.  I heat embossed the Crate Paper stamped words with white ink and embossing powder onto a printed swirl pattern vellum paper. I fashioned a packet from the embossed vellum and another piece of vellum to enclose tiny heart sprinkles and confetti. Along the inner edges of the packet I used foam tape to add some shaker room.
I cut a front panel from white parchment using the scallop edge  Mama Elephant rectangle die and aligned it onto the pink card before using the Little B heart die to cut through the front and inside layer.  Next I embossed the white scalloped panel with the Lawn Fawn quilted die.  Then the shaker panel was taped between the white scalloped panel and the pink card front.  Now the shaker effect can be seen from two sides of the card.  I hope your Valentine's Day is beary sweet and that you'll shake it up to send hearts aflutter!

 

2 comments:

yyam said...

Awww...so sweet!
Hope you had a great Valentine's Day!

eunice said...

Love this! And especially enjoyed learning a new way (for me) of putting together a shaker style card. I've never thought of using vellum packet, it must be quite pretty irl with a softer more subtle look. Must try! Like how you cut the the window thru 2 layers of the card so the shaker shows through on the inside too. Very nice! You spent a lot of time on all the wonderful details of this card, stamping, embossing, die cutting... and the end result is quite spectacular!