Monday, February 1, 2021

Valentine Hanging 2021 Calendars

After purchasing a Lawn Fawn slimline Valentine die, I couldn't wait to try it out. Oops, I forgot to take a photo of it.  I like that it is a two-part one that includes a scallop edge one and an inner one that die cuts three hearts with cut out words inside of each heart. (The heart not shown says UR Cute.)  Because I haven't used my Santoro rubber stamps in a long time so I decided to ink them up for this project.

Using waterproof ink and watercolor pencils on watercolor paper gave me the desired effect on these images.  I pulled scraps from my Valentine paper box and used various ones to create four different slimline calendars.  Rather than fussing with the tiny letters, I simply pasted contrasting paper behind the hearts.
Between the layers I glued some Heiko (not photographed) ribbon and tied them in a bow for hanging purposes.  On the back of each panel I glued a LF die cut scalloped rectangular paper upon which I stamped a favorite saying.  I added Vippie calendars and various heart stickers from my overflowing collection.
I'm pleased with the outcome of this project but still have a problem....What do I do with all the calendars I still have leftover?  Unfortunately, calendars don't have an indefinite shelf life. LOL!

 

1 comment:

Annette Allen said...

girl you are rocking those calendars.. i love how you added the ribbon.