Tuesday, April 5, 2022

Bunny Peep Spring Card

As soon as I saw the Taylored Expressions bunny stencil, I had to buy it.  To me, Spring/Easter means marshmallow peeps.  I've been known to hunt down clearance peeps and hoard them...LOL!  Anyway, I started this card by stenciling the bunnies with Hero Arts reactive inks (from HM Ben Franklin Crafts) because the colors are so bright and pure.  I sprinkled the stenciled white card stock with water and blotted it to reveal the mottled surface.  I liked the speckled look but some of the colors became a little muddy.  The Lawn Fawn stitched frame die was used to cut out the card front which was adhered to a lavender card blank.  Using the Happy Spring Lawn Fawn die I cut the words from a printed purple paper and gave it some bling with crystal glitter.  The words, Easter egg stickers and a flocked chick sticker were added to the card.  Besides adding some interest to the card, I was happy to use up some of the stickers from my hoarded collection. 
I stenciled a scrap of white card stock with brighter colors and liked the combination even better than the original so rather than discarding the tester, I turned it into a tag. It made me very happy to find a ribbon in my stash that perfectly matched the tag....it doesn't take much to thrill me ...hahaha!  Please return to this blog to see my next post with more of my experimentations with the bunny peep stencil.

 

No comments: