Friday, April 1, 2022

Unicorn Shaker Calendar Magnet

This is no April Fool's Day joke:  I used up ALL of my mini calendars this year!  (No need to mention that the year is one forth of the way over. Hahaha!)  Anyway, I saved the best for last I guess because this is my favorite style.  It was super easy too because I made the shaker element from a Heiko self sealing cello bag. I simply cut the printed card stock (Pebbles from HM Ben Franklin Crafts) to fit exactly the width of the cello bag. The self sealing adhesive was pressed in place and sequins (I even found some unicorn ones in my stash), seed beads, and other confetti from HM BFC were added before using double stick tape to seal the other end.

From this close-up you can see the shaker sprinkles better and the fact that I added crystal glitter to the unicorns and used a silver sparkle pen to highlight the horn.
I glued a magnet sheet (from HM Ben Franklin Crafts and can be cut with a paper trimmer)) to the backs of the shaker elements. Don't put too much sprinkles into the shaker because the magnet may not be able to hold the weight. The glass seed beads are especially heavy but they do make a good swishing noise and I do have many vials leftover from my bead crafting days...such a hoarder! I think of all the calendars I made this year this design is my best. I just noticed that Taylored Expressions is having a super sale of their mini calendars...10 for $1!!!! ....so this may not be the last you see of  my 2022 mini calendars. They do make cute tuck-ins for any cards I mail out. Heeheehee!

 

1 comment:

Ellibelle said...

These are so cute!!