Wednesday, June 22, 2022

A very special little boy is celebrating a 2nd birthday so I decided to make him a Spot birthday card to go with the Eric Hill Spot books we are giving him this year.  I remembered an old Sizzix die that I had to make step cards and thought it would be a perfect base for the images and die cut words.  The Spot clear stamps were from a set that came with a magazine I purchased from Barnes and Noble. They were stamped with permanent black Momento ink, colored with Copic pens, fussy cut, and adhered with foam adhesives. The balloons were enhanced with transparent glitter.
This side view shows how simple it would be to make this card even if you don't have the die....just some straight cuts and a corner clipper. I chose a balloon printed card stock that had a reverse side of colorful twisted banners so that the card and front panels could all be cut from one 12x12 piece of card stock. The word plaques were from a set of die cut pieces I found in my stash of birthday stuff.  I used the Lawn Fawn die cut numbers to cut out the foil '2'.  The 'Happy Birthday' words were also a stamp that came with the Spot stamp set. As a fan of the Spot books, I think the birthday boy will enjoy this card which can be put on display in his room. Here's to another great year of reading!










2 comments:

eunice said...

What an adorable and fun step style birthday card for a lucky little boy! I especially like that you created a card to match your gift, I'm sure the little boy was thrilled as well.

Annette Allen said...

what a fun card.. i love how it pops out.