Friday, February 17, 2023

'Love Is In The Air' Valentine Card


Although it is barely discernable, this card started with a card stock that has a pastel print of clouds.  Using the Whimsy slimline die with hearts, I cut out the front panel and glued it onto a self-made blue slimline card.  It was simple to stamp the images, color them with Copic pens and fussy cut them out. I tried to keep the card in the pastel range instead of the usual bright reds and pinks of traditional Valentine cards. I like the soft look of this card. For the words, I shaped them on the acrylic block before stamping so that they would seem to be floating.


I was super happy to find just the right lavender colored slimline envelope at HM Ben Franklin Crafts. The stamp set from Clearly Besotted (a new company for me) worked very well, printing a clear sharp image with permanent black ink. (Sometimes lesser quality stamps need to be repeatedly stamped with specialty inks to get a clear image.)  Anyway, I am happy that I was finally able to use this Whimsy die which stayed in storage from last Valentine's Day because I just couldn't fit it into my schedule of card making.  Again this year it is past Feb. 14th, but I am going to keep making cards/projects with hearts because I just LOVE them!

 

1 comment:

Annette Allen said...

aww look at all these cuties floating away... super cute.