Monday, February 13, 2023

Tweet Heart Valentine Cards

As soon as saw the Trinity Stamps birdie image, I thought of the Snow White and Cinderella animated films.  The sweet birdies really reminded me of the entertainment world of my youth.  It didn't take long to whip up these cards.  I kept them simple and made them one sided like the old vintage Valentine cards.  I found some conversation candy heart print papers to use as backgrounds. Together with the Whimsy, Spellbinders and Sizzix dies (shown below) it was simple to put together these two cards  The stamped images were colored with Copic pens and then fussy cut before mounting them on foam dots.

Here is another version of this card which uses more vintage colors and has the addition of glossy heart stickers to add a little bit of texture.  I am pleased that these Valentine cards take me back to the sweet innocent days of my childhood.  I feel thankful to have such wonderful memories to remember..

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww, so sweet. Love the cute little birdie and sentiment. Happy Valentine’s Day!!!

Karen

yyam said...

Awww....this is super cute!

Annette Allen said...

these are too cute.. loving all those hearts.