Tuesday, February 21, 2023

Sending Big Hugs Cards

Amongst the Valentine paper crafting items at HM Ben Franklin Crafts I discovered the Lawn Fawn giant lettered sentiment die.  At first I just imagined using it for Valentine cards but then I realized that by just adding a single word I could change up the purpose of these cards. (See photo below.)  Also in the Valentine section of HM BFC I saw some lovely card stock papers which I knew could be used for non-Valentine projects.  For these cards I selected some Echo Park papers.  I like that the backs of the papers are coordinating so I just reversed a sheet to die cut the super-sized words. 

As you can see, I just added the foiled  words (using my Spellbinders hot foil machine) to the same style card and I now can use them for different occasions. The little dog with the heart was created from a Sunny Studio stamp set.  Although the image was intended for Valentine's Day, I know that I will use it for other projects...the dogs are so cute.  Even though these cards didn't make it in time for V-day, I hope that you can see that hearts are not just for Valentine's Day.  Send love out into the world everyday!


 

1 comment:

Annette Allen said...

I love this big Hugs die... awesome cards Lynn