Saturday, February 25, 2023

Thank You Valentine Card

I am reluctant to put away my Valentine supplies because I love hearts.  By incorporating hearts into my general card stash, I have been able to stretch my craft dollar.  In this example, I used a Trinity Stamps hot foil plate to set the dark blue foil onto lavender card stock before die cutting out the heart shape (die comes with the foil plate).  Recently, I purchased some pretty Easter papers (Echo Park) from HM Ben Franklin Crafts. I decided that the new Easter 12x12 card stock would be a perfect background for the foiled heart.  By adding some paper flowers (from HM BFC) and a foiled sentiment strip, the card was easily completed and serves the double use as a Valentine and/or thank you card.
I used a Paper Arts card blank with matching envelope (from HM BFC) for the base. I think having a matching envelope adds elegance to any card you send out.  Hope you'll try to get more use out of your Valentine supplies by making double duty cards. Hearts and love never go out of style so spread them around and make the world a better place.

 

2 comments:

eunice said...

So pretty! Really love the elegant look of hot foiling... hope you'll continue to share more cards that you've used this technique on. Have been on the fence about getting a hot foiling system for 2 years now but still unsure. Is it easy to get good results right away?

Anonymous said...

Ohhhh, your card is so gorgeous, elegant and stunning. Love the heart and flowers.
Karen