Wednesday, June 21, 2023

Alcohol Ink Shaker Thank You Card

I've been having fun experimenting with Ranger Alcohol Pearl inks. These inks need to be used on a non-porous surface such as Yupo paper (available at HM Ben Franklin Crafts). They dry quickly so you need to drop the colors and then swish them around quickly.  The technique I like to use is to fold a sheet of paper, drop lots of ink on one side and then smash the paper closed.  When the paper is opened the colors form an ink blot-like design.  For a final touch, I lightly spray Ranger metallic distress inks to add more glimmer.  Because the folded paper forms mirror images, I ended up with two pretty cards to embellish.  I used the Die-Namics circular thank you die to cut the words from DCWV shimmer card stock.  My 2" hole puncher could not reach to the interior of the design so I traced the circle and hand cut out the opening.  I glued a piece of acetate to the back of the opening and attached foam tapes near the edges of the inked paper. ( Don't place the foam tape too close to the edge of the inked paper because then it will show from the side.)
I peeled the backing of three of the foam tape strips and filled the pocket with confetti glitter before removing the backing on the last strip of foam tape. I am pleased with this shaker card because it was made from an experimental ink design.  In future posts I will make other card designs using the alcohol pearl inks.  Please visit this site again to see what I create. 


 

1 comment:

eunice said...

Love the pretty and colorful effects you achieved with the alcohol pearl and distress inks. I'm looking forward to seeing your future creations with these inks! And very clever how you cut the circular die to use as a frame for your shaker!