Saturday, June 17, 2023

Dad's Day Coffee Cup Card

I wanted to make a one-of-a-kind card for my husband because he is a very special father to my sons, grandsons, and ME!  I had a hard time getting a decent photo of this card because of the shimmering pearl alcohol inks I used. (See next post for the details about how the background was created.)  I wanted to keep this card subdued because DAD is a low-key sort of guy.  I used Ranger Archival permanent inks to stamp the Ranger and Sizzix images.  Because the card base is Yupo paper, the non-porous surface did not absorb the Archival inks.  By waiting and lightly blotting, the images were able to remain visible.  The dad letters were die cut from black paper and glued onto the card.  The 'thinking of you' words were stamped on kraft colored paper and then die cut before gluing down.  I wish the subtle parts of this card were visible in my photo but you'll just have to take my word for it that this card has sparkle, shine and uniqueness truly befitting the recipient. Happy Father's Day!

 

No comments: