Thursday, June 29, 2023

Decoupage Hydrangea Cards

Again, these cards began with Ranger Pearl Alcohol Inks on Yupo paper.  Although the Yupo paper makes it easy to blend the alcohol inks, they have the drawback of being easily warped by heat so I couldn't use heat embossing or gold foiling machines. Therefore, I chose again to stamp the flower designs on tissue paper (you can even recycle tissue from gift wrapping).  I stamped using various Archival ink colors and then tore the tissue paper before adhering them with decoupage solution.  Once totally dry, I stamped the words with black Archival ink. I forgot to photograph the extra leaf stamp I also used. 
I really love the way the pearlized inks and metallic ink sprays form a unique, shimmering background. The use of tissue paper and decoupage solution allows for a variety of floral arrangements.  On the second card I smudged the words so I had to cover them up with gold vellum that had the words stamped on it. I think it was a pretty good save...right?  

 Both the hydrangea stamps were from Inkadinkado ( a company that no longer exists, I think). The word stamps are a Hero Arts product.  Ranger makes the Archival Ink mini pads.

2 comments:

Annette Allen said...

beautiful cards Lynn..

eunice said...

Amazingly beautiful cards! Loving the outcome of your newly found technique of stamping onto the tissue paper and decoupaging onto the Yupo paper.