Monday, June 5, 2023

Crystal Pendant Jewelry

Years ago I was lucky enough to score a garland of single point clear quartz crystals. These drilled single quartz crystals stayed in a box for quite awhile as I pondered what to do with them.  I was inspired by what I saw on an online ad and thought, "I can make that!"  It was easy peasy to insert a sterling or gold-filled wire (choose the largest diameter of round wire that will fit) into the drilled hole of the crystal. With a needle nose plier make a small loop on either side of the crystal. With a jewelry shear cut the chain (with a clasp on the back) through the center front. Hook the looped wire through the cut ends of the chain and wire wrap to secure.  Cut off the wire ends with a jewelry snipper. Amazingly, that's all there is to making this elegant crystal pendant!              

                                    
This amethyst pendant necklace was made the same way as the clear quartz one except a gold-filled sterling silver chain was used.  Finding drilled small amethyst crystal points is not easy so when you do....snap them up!


Here are two more crystal pendants on sterling silver chains.  It is important that you buy chains that have links large enough to accommodate the wire you pass through the crystal.  I really like these finished pieces of jewelry and plan to make more in the future. In my hoarded stash of drilled stones, 
I have a few pieces that I am looking forward to fashioning into one of a kind designer pieces. Keep visiting this blog to see what I create in the future. Thank you for being interested in my crafty endeavors!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG, these are so beautiful. Each piece is unique in itself and would match any attire.

Karen

eunice said...

Love that these! Simple, but elegant.