Sunday, June 25, 2023

Degas Ballerina in Paris Card

This is another card made with Ranger alcohol pearl inks on Yupo paper background.  I thought the colors were evocative of old world Europe so I pulled out some of my appropriate stamps.  Because a previous card made me realize that it is difficult to get a good stamped image on Yupo paper (it is not porous).  To solve this problem I decided to invent a new technique. I stamped the images (in Archival Inks) I wanted to incorporate onto plain white tissue paper. Next I tore the paper around the stamped images and adhered them to the card with small amount of decoupage medium (watered down white glue would probably work, too).  The Hero Arts words were stamped on last and left to dry.  To add a pop of dimension, I added a bit of sparkly netting (purchased in a roll rom HM Ben Franklin Crafts) to create the illusion of a tutu. I am extremely happy with the outcome of this card because it is very close to what I imagined in my mind's eye.  Isn't it nice when that happens?
P.S. The ballerina stamp is an old Rubber Baby Buggy Bumper stamp.
 

1 comment:

eunice said...

Your card creations with Yupo paper and alcohol pearl inks are truly works of art.