Tuesday, June 13, 2023

Happy 3rd Birthday Card

My grandson has certainly grown up quickly!  I can't believe I had to make a birthday card for a 3 year old this year. He loves vehicles and toys with wheels so I thought the Art Impressions stamp set with the bus filled with party going animals would be perfect for his card. Not only was this stamp set on sale, but it had the dies included....what a deal! I tried coloring the images with Copic pens but smaller hard tipped marker pens would be a better choice since the animals are so tiny. For the background, I found a confetti print 12x12 card stock in my stash. Also from my odds 'n ends paper stack there was a sheet that had birthday words printed on it so I just cut out the rectangles of glitter enhanced words.  Some of the words were also used inside the card. The balloons and critter inside the card were stickers from a birthday sheet of cute images. The bus and balloons were adhered with foam adhesives to give the card front more dimension. 

Except for coloring the teeny tiny images, this card was a snap to make and should really please my grandson.  I think he'll really love opening and closing the bus doors.  P.S. The small wooden stamp by Dandelion Designs was used on the back of the card so if this card gets saved perhaps someone will appreciate that it was handcrafted locally.  It's always is a nice touch to let recipients know they mattered enough to receive a handmade card. Hugs! Keep Crafting!  

 

1 comment:

eunice said...

What a fun birthday card! Love all the details from the individually die cut and colored animal passengers to even the interactive bus doors.Happy Birthday to your grandson, I'll bet he loved his card!