Thursday, November 17, 2022

Apple Picking Framed Collage

Recently, while on vacation we had the opportunity to go apple picking. It was something I had always wanted to do.  I learned that apple trees are a lot smaller than I imagined (see the trees in the background of the photo).  Also, there are lots of delicious apple varieties that never make it to markets in Hawaii. Anyway, once again I decided that a photo collage would be the best way to highlight the beauty and sweetness of the day.  First, I found a background paper that had a colorful graphic design of apples.  Because I wanted to show the apple trees in the background, I simply cropped the photo so that a good portion of the apple print paper was visible.  Using the Lawn Fawn die set with apples, it was simple work to cut and glue down apples, leaves and stems along the bottom of the collage.  Finally, the mice and framed sign were stamped, colored and die cut. The words from the stamp set were stamped with permanent ink and then cut out with a paper trimmer before coloring with a Copic marker.  I am very pleased with how this collage saves the special memories of the very special apple picking day, including the sweetness of the little fellow enjoying the crisp, sweet, just-picked apple.  I smile every time I look at this super easy project. I realize that it is a much better way to feature a photo than putting it in an album which would rarely get opened. Keep your sweet memories close to your heart.

 

No comments: