Friday, November 25, 2022

Autumn Forest Tea Party


HM Ben Franklin Crafts has some lovely Echo Park 12x12 printed card stock which I wanted to use as the background for this card.  I chose a leaf print and then stenciled on Hero Arts bare tree trunks with Distress walnut stain.  I like the way that the leaves of the paper show through the tree trunks and make it look like the leaves are falling.  If you can't find the Echo Park paper, you could use the Hero Arts leaves stencil (shown in the photo below) behind the stenciled trees.  For the scene in the foreground, I chose Avery Elle stamp and die sets, Fall Picnic. I love the cute woodland creatures and colored them with Copic pens.  I tried to keep the colors muted so they would blend in with the forest background.  This card is my favorite one and celebrates a beautiful time of the year.

This autumnal card is the last one I will make this season and it is a thank you for my followers in blogland.  If I could I would throw a little party in the woods amongst the falling, rustling leaves.  There would be cake, tea and charming stories.  You are all invited!  

 

No comments: