Saturday, July 15, 2023

Autumn Bracelets

As mentioned in a previous post, I was envisioning some Autumn hued bracelets.  These two are what I created using assorted gemstones (agates, red coral, carnelian, etc.) and gold filled findings. If 14kt gold wasn't so expensive, I would use it; but gold filled metal has a similar look and is one step above gold plated findings.  Between the beads on the smaller bracelet are some gold filled spacer beads which I think add an elegant rich look.  The larger bracelet has a nice organic look like water worn river stones. The only drawback of this bracelet is that it is a bit heavy. I used 24 kt Extreme Flex beading wire which is pricey but worth it for the workability and finished look. In the photo below you can see the jewelry tool set that was purchased from HM Ben Franklin Crafts and that I've used for over 10 years with no signs of aging (the tools not me).LOL!  Also in the photo is the bead crimping tool from HM Ben Franklin Crafts. With these simple tools and some pretty beads you can definitely make some fine custom made jewelry. Give jewelry crafting a try; it's so much fun to create something special for yourself or a lucky friend.

 

No comments: