Tuesday, July 11, 2023

Birthday Cards for Cat Lovers


Both my sons own two cats each so for their upcoming birthdays I decided to make cat birthday cards.  I chose to use Tim Hotz Stampers Anonymous sets because they are so funny...love the cat thoughts!  My sons have snarky sense of humors (...like their Mom?)so it was fun to imagine what their cats would say to them. I decided to keep the gate card fronts simple by stamping only in black ink and coloring them with grey Copic pens. 

For the inside of the cards I used some printed card stock (cut 3x6 and 6x6). An Art Impressions birthday stamp set was used because the fat cat stuck in a gift box reminded me of two of the cats who love nesting in any empty box.  I also liked the saying, 'Eat More Hole Foods' which doesn't make sense until you place it with the doughnut (which I embellished with fake sprinkles).
These two cats really look like my older son's twin sister cats so I think he'll like the front. Both cards had holes punched in the two sides to accommodate the colorful yarn-like ribbon used to tie the card partially closed. The cats love playing with yarn so I made it look like they had their tails tied together. I'm not sure where I purchased the yarn....maybe HM Ben Franklin Crafts?
The 'HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU' words were cut with a Lawn Fawn die. The reason this card had tiny black cat washi tape lining the edges is because I accidentally put the Heiko double stick tape on the wrong side of the card stock. When I peeled it off the gate fold card some of the printed card stock came off. Washi tape to the rescue....easy fix! I'll probably add gift card or money pockets since I am not good at choosing gifts for adult males. Well, onward to more birthday and summer cards...come back to see what's being created in my overflowing craft room!
 

1 comment:

eunice said...

Your sons' snarky cat birthday cards are too funny! I really like how you "purr-sonalized" the cards so "purr-fectly" for each son and their kitties.