Sunday, July 23, 2023

Shaker Twin 5th Birthday Cards


It's a shame that these photos don't do justice to these cards. The acetate shaker windows and foil lettering made every angle a bad one for some other part of the card. Anyway, these cards were made for my twin grandsons who look alike but have different personalities.  I started with the same Doodlebug Designs birthday print card stock (old 6x6 paper pad). Since I didn't have a figure 5 die of the size I needed, I decided to draw my own on card stock. After cutting the 5 out, I used it as a template to draw the 5 on the printed card stock. I then cut out this window and glued some acetate behind it. Next I used some foam tape to frame the 5 and the edges of the card. I adhered the card front to the card base except for the upper corner of the 5 which was where I filled in the confetti.
I die cut the words from gold foil cardstock with a My Favorite Things die.  I was planning to handwrite the 'th' next to the 5 but then EUREKA I spotted the 'th' in the 'Birthday' and die cut it from the leftover gold foil card stock.  Finally, I added matching stickers that came from a Doodlebug Designs sticker sheet. If the images were thicker cardboard they would have shown up better on the card...too late, I stuck down the stickers already...LOL!  One final touch was adding a small crystal sticker for the dot on the 'i'. It barely shows in the photo, but it matches well with the sequin confetti in the big 5 window.  These cards came together quickly and are perfect for twin birthday boys so I am happy with the outcome. They are colorful and sparkly.... the twins and the cards!




 

1 comment:

eunice said...

Woo Hoo! This pair of shaker birthday cards you designed for your grandsons are definitely a cut above! Your handcut number "5" is really well done, and I really like your idea of filling the shaker with confetti from the top. Hope I can remember that tip next time I attempt a shaker card! I'll bet your grandsons loved their fun birthday shaker cards!