Wednesday, July 19, 2023

Summer Popsicle Shaker Cards

                                               

I felt like creating a Summer Card so I searched through my stash of 12x12 papers and came across some lovely printed card stock by Echo Park. These were purchased last year but I didn't get around to using them when Autumn/Halloween happened...hahaha!  I thought the printed popsicles were pretty and matched well with two of the Echo Park sayings (twelve cards on a 12x12 sheet).  Because I used the Whimsy die it was easy to form the shaker windows with the use of foam tape and acetate film. I glued the acetate behind the top and bottom windows and then added the foam tape to form the wells for the confetti. Extra foam tape was put behind the window that was going to be covered up so that there would be more support. To facilitate filling the confetti bubbles, I removed all but one foam tape protector next to each window. After being filled, the bubble was sealed off.  I was happy that the Echo Park card stock had cute matching sayings because all I had to do was trim them down before applying them over the unfilled bubble.  I used my We R Memory corner cropper on the cards and saying cards. This helped to make all the corners coordinate with the curved edges of the slimline Whimsy die. I love making shaker cards because of their interactive nature and I really have an addiction to confetti...LOL!


 

1 comment:

eunice said...

Fun and colorful summer shaker cards! I love seeing all the different styles of shaker cards you've shared. Very inspiring, and tempting me to keep trying, lol!