Thursday, September 21, 2023

Back-to-School Bookmarks

I saw these Whimsy stamps and dies and knew that they would be wonderful on some bookmarks for my two grandsons who are starting at a new school.  The vinyl bookmark sleeves were purchased long ago online in bulk. I think they should still be available...at some site? Stamping and coloring in the images with Copic pens were done before fussy cutting them out. Then the images and words were glued down to some Echo Park printed card stock from House Mart Ben Franklin Crafts. I think the overall look may be a bit busy but then that matches my energetic grandkids.      
The backs of the bookmarks were decorated with the die cut YAY! (foil on top of glitter paper) and the boys' names which were formed from card stock letter stickers.  For the tassels I found some rainbow ribbon in my stash...YAY! for hoarding! (The Echo Park paper actually had the boy toys print on one side and the star print on the back so that's why it was chosen.) I think making something special for a child, to commemorate the beginning of a new chapter in his life, will make an impression on him and hopefully add to his lifetime of memories. Craft something for someone you love!

 

1 comment:

eunice said...

Oh my, these bookmarks are super cute! Love the adorable dragons and how can the boys not love their own personalized bookmarks. These will be treasured for a long time to come and your grandsons will proudly remember that gramma made them!