Friday, September 29, 2023

Special You Butterfly Flower Distress Ink Card #2

Here is the second card in my series of Distress Oxide Ink cards.  The main supplies needed for this type of card are the Ranger Distress Oxide Inks (sold at HM Ben Franklin Crafts). These inks come in a luscious array of colors which when rubbed on watercolor paper and sprayed with water result in a distressed watery look.  On this card I think I used too much ink so the colors were very dark which makes the stamped black ink (Archival) images a little difficult to see.  Also I think I was a little too heavy handed with the Mica Distress Spray (lots of colors with metallic sheen available).  The stamps used on this card were mostly from a set included in a magazine purchased at Barnes and Noble.  I forgot to show the word stamp set (sorry) produced by Woodware Art Collection.  A Misti stamping tool is very useful in this type of card because it helps to align the images and allows you to restamp accurately if needed.  HM Ben Franklin Crafts sells the Misti stamping tool in two sizes. Please return to this blog site to see two more cards in this series.

 

1 comment:

eunice said...

Very pretty colors! I think the oxide inks tend to be less translucent than their distress ink counterparts so they may appear bolder in color. I like how the water blended the pink and purple... so fun to see the results of pairing different colors!