Friday, September 1, 2023

Fifty Year Celebration Card

I know that this card looks like the top of a cake, but it is really the front of a card for a 50 year celebration.  In this case, the card was created for a fiftieth wedding anniversary...amazing!  It could also be used for a birthday or retirement card.  These days celebrating 50 years of anything is truly remarkable so it was fun to think of a special way to decorate this card.  I started by embossing a white card blank with a Sizzix embossing folder. This raised surface was then rubbed with platinum Viva Inka Gold paste.  Next, Beacon 3 in 1 glue was applied to the card front to form the number 50. Small pink artificial flowers were applied to the glue numerals. To add a bit more sparkle, Stickles (icicles) was added to each flower center. I didn't really want to use pink flowers because they seemed too feminine for an anniversary card, but it was all I could find in the right size. In hindsight, I should have sprayed them silver...next time.  To somehow coordinate the pink flowers used for the numbers with the rest of the card, I dug through my stash of embellishments.  I discovered some really old Martha Stewart border strips which when added to the card looked like a lei around the 'cake'....perfect! The blissful couple are islanders so the card does seem appropriate. Here's to another 50 happy years of love-filled togetherness! 


 

No comments: