Saturday, September 9, 2023

Floating Cat Birthday Card

My cat-loving daughter-in-law is having a birthday soon so I made this card for her.  I've had this Newton's Nook stamp set and matching dies for a long time in a drawer with birthday items so the cute floating cat was hidden away. I was excited to ink up the stamps and create a card for someone cute and sweet like the cat image.  The cat was colored with Copic pens and then Nuvo paints were added to the balloons and gift. Once the balloons were dry I used the die to cut out the image  I really like how the Nuvo medium dries to a sheen similar to the surface of an inflated balloon. I intended for the cat shaped balloon to be a light pink color but it turned out to be a hot pink color.  To balance out the colors, I added some tiny Sticko heart stickers.
I'm not sure where the cloud background paper was purchased from (probably HM BFC).  I just found a partial piece of a 12x12 in my stack of printed sheets.  If I see this paper again I will surely buy more because clouds make a great background for many types of cards.  Decorating greeting card envelopes with stickers/washi tape is a must for a finished and festive look.  Okay, that's it for today. Have a crafty week!

 

2 comments:

Karen said...

Prefer birthday card for your cat-loving DIL. She’ll be thrilled.

eunice said...

Super cute! Newton's adorable and really like the gloss of the Nuvo paints for the balloons. Will have to pick up a few colors to experiment with too.