Monday, September 25, 2023

Gather Life's Treasures Distress Oxide Ink Card #1

Of the four Distress Oxide Ink cards I made recently, this is probably my favorite one because it reminds me of what I do on the east coast shoreline.  While clamming, I often get distracted by the seashells, rocks and seaweed all around that just MUST be gathered and saved. LOL!  I started this series of four cards to show what can be done with the Ranger Distress Oxide inks (available at HM Ben Franklin Crafts).  These inks were created to be used with water to result in a distressed watery look.  I first rubbed the inks on watercolor paper and then spritzed the inked paper with water.  Next I sprayed on some Distress Mica Stain and let the paper dry. Using black Archival permanent ink, I stamped on the images and words. Lastly, the stamped paper was trimmed to fit a standard 4-1/4" x 5-1/2"card base. This style of cardmaking is really easy and often results in an unexpectedly beautiful surprise. Why don't you give it a try?

 

1 comment:

eunice said...

Absolutely stunning! I love the wonderful blending of colors that resulted from this Distress Oxide experiment. I've enjoyed playing with distress oxide inks too but the mica sprays are new to me. May have to look into these as well.