Wednesday, September 13, 2023

Upcycled 'Barbie' Gift Bag


Don't you just love it when a fancy store gives you a lovely bag to take your purchases home...and they don't charge you?  I can never resist recycling these bags especially if they have very little wording on them...like this one from a Swiss Chocolate store.  With the recent popularity of Barbie (due to the movie of the same name), I decided to use the Hero Arts stamp and die sets from a monthly kit. These stamps have a very Barbie appeal and contain many clothing, accessories, and changeable body part images. There are dies in the kit for most of the images but some have to be fussy cut.  It does take some time to assemble the 'Barbies' which is why I decided not to do any coloring which I think adds to a more sophisticated look anyway...LOL!  I used Beacon 3 in1 glue (from HM BFC) because it is clear, dries quickly and can be removed if needed. The Eiffel Tower was cut from silver foil with the die in the kit.


The back of the bag was assembled in the same way as the front  and shows two more possible 'Barbies'.  To cover up the small amount of wording at the bottom of the bag I used a glitter tape that I purchased from Daiso (I think).  The polka dot ribbon was created from two colors that I had in my stash,  I glued them together before tying and gluing them onto the bag.  Oh yes, the pink paper rectangles have a slight frosted look and were also in the Hero Arts kit.  I think I may make some 'Barbie' greeting cards in the future because she never goes out of style...right?  In an upcoming post I will feature a 'Breakfast at Tiffany's' upcycled bag using another Hero Arts set. Hope you'll check it out!
 



1 comment:

eunice said...

Very COOL! YES! These upcycled bags definitely give the Barbie Fashionista vibe. You are such an expert at upcycling gift bags and boxes!