Wednesday, December 7, 2022

Stenciled Pine Cone Card with Foiled Words

Yes, I'm still experimenting with my Spellbinder foiling machine.  I'm having so much fun!  Today I tried a new Tim Holtz pine cone stencil on crinkled Japanese paper with foil speck. I had the idea of stenciling over foiled words. However, although the words foiled onto the paper perfectly, they were too light to be seen well on the textured paper.  I decided to stencil the pine cones and pine needles onto the Japanese paper first and then attach a die cut foiled 'Merry Christmas'.  This worked well except that the Distress ink I used on the pine needles was too light to show up well.  I should have used dark green ink.  Oh well, overall I liked the end result of this card especially the distress look of the background with the gold flecks.  Okay, onward to more tests tomorrow. I love being a crafting scientist!

 

No comments: