Monday, December 19, 2022

Vintage -look Xmas Cards

Some Tim Hlotz stamps and an ephemera pack of vintage Xmas images were the inspiration for these cards.  I started with Kraft paper notecards with envelopes to give my cards an aged look.  I stamped an image with dark brown permanent ink and colored it in a little with color pencils.  Next I flicked Hero Arts Glimmer metallic ink (silver white) to give the look of new fallen snow.  
It was easy to select just the right images from the ephemera pack and glue them down.
As plain as these cards look, I like the way they turned out.  Although Christmas cards from my childhood would not look like these,  I am a big fan of the Victorian era so these cards appeal to me.  I do think they really have a time-worn aged look... like me....LOL!  

 

1 comment:

Joy Shimabukuro said...

Beautiful cards, Lynn! Love the coloring, too!
Happy Holidays!