Tuesday, December 13, 2022

Year of the Rabbit Magnetic Calendars


Every year I try to make a mini calendar to tuck into my family newsletter.  This year I decided to make magnetic calendars because I had leftover cardboard coasters (purchased from Celebrations in a 50 pack) and extra sheet magnet packages from HM Ben Franklin Crafts.  I had to keep the magnets simple because I wanted to make a few in a short amount of time.  I started with rabbit printed washi paper (purchased in Japan but possibly available at Celebrations).  I roughly cut the paper to fit the coaster and applied 3 in 1 Beacon glue to the coaster before securing the paper. Next I simply cut off the excess washi paper. To make the golden rabbit seal I stamped the rabbit in gold ink and applied gold embossing powder before using a heat gun.  Then I used my Fiskar deckle edge scissors to trim around the stamped image.  The Vippies calendars have a peel off sticky strip so it was easy to add the calendar and glue down the rabbit image.  Finally on the back, I added a 2-1/2" magnet square. (The magnet sheet can be easily cut with a Fiskar paper trimmer.) The magnet sheet has a peel off paper back that reveals a really strong sticky magnet.  Because it is the year of the Rabbit (my husband's special year), I think I'll make a bunch more of these calendars since I have quite a bit of rabbit print washi paper....couldn't stop buying every design I saw in Japan...LOL! Have a healthy, happy Year of the Rabbit!

 

2 comments:

Annette Allen said...

fabulous calendars.. your speciality..

eunice said...

Very nice! I really like the look of the stamped and gold embossed rabbit seal matched together with the usagi washi papers.