Thursday, December 29, 2022

Snowmen with Snowglobe Shaker Card

Here is another winter card that I made using a die that came with a magazine I purchased at Barnes and Noble. The die made it easy to construct the shaker part.  It looks complicated, but I really had to only do one fully die cut piece, the dark blue one.  I traced the die to make the acetate that was glued behind the blue die cut piece.  Next, I used the die to cut a sheet of purple foam but snipped out the trees and house.  Finally, the lavender layer of cardstock was made by tracing around the die and cutting it out by hand.  The purple foam layer was glued to the lavender piece and the glitter snow was added before the acetate with blue house/tree scene was glued down.  The words were stamped and the ink heat embossed with gold embossing powder.  The die was used to trace out the word panel and it was hand cut.  The small snowflake dies were used to cut out pretty snowflakes from DCWV white shimmer paper.  The snowmen card stock paper I used is an Echo Park product purchased at HM Ben Franklin Crafts.  This die would be great to make some fancy tags....ah, maybe next year....it's time for a hibernating nap! 

 

1 comment:

Annette Allen said...

what a cute card.. love all those snowmen.. very cute..
I forgot to say HAPPY NEW YEAR...