Tuesday, December 5, 2023

Is it Christmas Yeti?

As soon as I saw the Winter Yeti Lawn Fawn die set, I knew I had to have it...it was just too cute!  
I decided to cut the Yetis from silver glitter card stock and pearlescent white card stock, both from DCWV  6x6 packs.  I reversed the edging so that the glitter yeti had a pearlescent border and vice versa.  Since there were some very tiny pieces, I decided to save time and frustration by coloring behind the face and colored in the hands and ears.  To save more time, I cut the scarf from colored sheet foam. Perhaps felt would have been a better choice...not sure if the die will cut through felt.  I used Fabri-Tac glue to adhere all the parts to the card.
The background papers were chosen from my stash of printed Xmas card stock.  I thought it would be cute to have the Yeti holding foil snowflake stickers or plastic gingerbread men and candy canes. HM Ben Franklin Crafts has lots of tiny ornaments that are used to make miniature Xmas tress.  
For the words I used hot foiled Spellbinders words.  Even though I am sending these cards out to various friends and family members, I tried to make them all a little different just for my own sanity.  I still have more cards to complete so please visit this site again to see what other designs I create. Hopefully, they will provide some inspiration for your Christmas crafts. Cheers!

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Lynn! Your Yeti cards are very cute with the nice assortment of festive design paper.

Anonymous said...

Oops, that comment is from me, Karen