Wednesday, December 13, 2023

Snarky Cat Christmas Cards

As promised, here are my Snarky Cat Christmas cards. As soon as I could, I inked up the Stampers Anonymous Tim Holtz images and snarky sayings.  I stamped them onto marker paper and colored them sparingly with Copic pens.  


It was simple to color and fussy cut the cats because they are messy images so I didn't need to be too precise.   
The Whimsy Stamps Tartan 6 x 6 pad provided the background papers.  I used the Whimsy Stamps small slimline stitched die to cut the fabric look card stock.  I made my own red card blanks and rounded the corners with a Crop-a-Dile corner chomper.


I thought that this last card looked unbalanced and there was too much blank space because the card was fashioned sidewards so I added some Doodlebug Xmas stickers.  I discovered some envelopes at Daiso that were a good fit for these cards.  However, these envelopes have a series of small red rectangles along one side of the envelope (for postage stamps, I think). I've decided to use Xmas print washi tape to cover over the rectangles...what a pretty solution!  I hope that these cards will make the recipients smile and feel that they are special because I took the time to send them a personally handmade card. Mail and handcraft some love today!

 

No comments: