Saturday, December 9, 2023

Snowy Vintage Xmas Scene Cards

  If you are a regular reader of this blog, you probably already know that I'm a big fan of anything vintage (extremely fond of antiques). When I spied the Tim Holtz Stampers Anonymous 'Holiday Scenes' red rubber stamp set, it was a no brainer that it would be part of my Xmas stamp collection.  At first I wanted to watercolor the scenes, but later decided that they would look more vintage if they simply had torn edges that were stained a brownish color.  I stamped the vintage scenes onto watercolor paper to give it some texture. By wetting the around the scenes with water, I was able to gently tear the paper before applying the ink to the edges.                                        

I chose vintage print card stock (Authentic) for the backgrounds. The ribbon was purchased from HM Ben Franklin Crafts where they have hundreds of Christmas themed ribbons.  

To make the holly sprigs I used  Sizzix thinlits dies on red and green card stock. Everything was glued down with Beacon Fabri-Tac glue.  Finally to give the appearance of snow, silver LiquTex ink was flicked on the cards with a brush.  (I tried making the snow with white ink, but that barely showed up on the scenes.) I am happy with the old fashioned look of these cards and best of all they were super simple to make. During the holidays, having time to do EVERYTHING is nearly impossible so saving some time on card making is a bonus. Hope this blog post has given you quick techniques for cranking out some Xmas cards with a vintage look. 


 

No comments: