Friday, December 29, 2023

Wide Ribbon Tags for Next Xmas

Okay, Xmas is over but before you put away the gift wrapping supplies, why not make some tags from your leftover wide ribbons?  It's so easy to use the i-Crafter dies to die cut tags and embellish them with 2-1/2 "wide Xmas ribbon.
I think this Xmas birds tag is really successful because it looks almost like a miniature painting.  I love the woven texture of the ribbon which makes it look so rustic.  I chose a sparkly ribbon for hanging but twine would look good too. Just the upper corners of the ribbon had to be hand trimmed before the ribbon was glued down to the tag with Fabri-Tac Beacon glue.
This snowflake ribbon has a beautiful iridescent design on a sheer fabric so I paired it with a dark blue glitter card stock.  I think I should have used a lighter colored glitter paper because it was difficult to keep the glue from showing. For these three tags I hand cut the hole for the ribbon.  The tag die probably won't cut through most ribbon fabrics so it's best to trim with a scissors.  
Oh yes, before shaping the ribbon to fit the tag, be sure to remove the thin wire enclosed in the seam of the ribbons.  The tag die set also comes with a little die that cuts the hole topper.  I think this little addition really adds to the finished look of the tag.  Take care to choose just the right hanging ribbon, yarn, or twine as that also can make or break the look of the tags.  I know that you're probably all done with the holidays and maybe have even lost the Xmas spirit, but do take this time to quickly put together some wide ribbon tags as you will surely be glad you did when wrapping gifts next year. Believe me, you will be so happy that you have a jump  start when December 2024 rolls around!  



 

No comments: