Thursday, December 21, 2023

Stencil Paste Decorated Xmas Gift Bag


After practicing with the Opal Polish stencil cream (available at HM Ben Franklin Crafts) on some tags, I thought it would be time to try it out on a Lawn Fawn three layer stencil.  I tried stenciling directly on the bag but that was a big mistake because the bag was too lumpy.  Undaunted, I decided to apply the stencil cream onto a printed striped card stock paper.  This worked well but I failed to take into account that the second layer of the stencil could not be successfully aligned due to the uneven surface of the first layer.  I ended up just adding berries with Stickle dimensional glitter paint from a tube.  Since the pastel green paste did not show up well on the card stock, I added some dark green glitter Stickle paint over the foliage.  The Happy Holiday words were created with Hero Arts hot foil plate and a foiling machine.  (Sorry that my photo doesn't show the words very well.)  Because I smudged stencil cream alongside of the square panel, I added some printed, woven ribbon and a holly sprig to camouflage the messy edges.  I really liked the resulting product which only goes to reinforce my conviction that there are no accidents in crafting....only opportunity to learn and improve!

 

No comments: