Sunday, December 17, 2023

Upcycled Xmas Cookie Bags

I love upcycling...saving the planet one bag at a time.  One of my favorite bags to repurpose are the Hawaiian Airline snack bags given to passengers on long flights.  They have a nice neutral lightly printed surface with great woven handles.  I always save these bags because I know they can be recycled into something pretty and useful. 
These two bags started with a gingerbread printed cardstock that was stenciled with chocolate stencil butter using an Echo Park 6x6 gingerbread pattern stencil.  Once the stencil butter was dry, the panel was adhered to the bag with Beacon Fabri-Tac glue and the Echo Park stickers were added along with the Doodlebug Design sprinkle holly shapes.
For this bag, only stickers were added to the stenciled panel.  A white gel pen was used to add frosting details to the stenciled chocolate paste gingerbread men.
To cover the Hawaiian Airline logo on the back of the bags, I added two more stickers.  I love the Echo Park sticker book (purchased from HM Ben Franklin Crafts) because it has an enormous amount and variety of stickers with a baking theme.  After I make a few more bags, I really have to get in the kitchen and start some cookie baking...wish me luck in getting it all done before Xmas!

 

No comments: