Monday, December 25, 2023

Recycled Xmas Cookie Tin

We finished eating the cookies from this tin last Christmas but I couldn't bear to toss out the empty tin so it stayed in my craft room for a whole year!  Finally, it is time for Xmas cookie baking and so of course I need to make cookie containers.  
It was super easy to adhere a printed card stock paper to the tin.  The only problem was that the circumference of the tin was a 1/2 " longer than the 12" Martha Stewart card stock.  To cover up this space along the seam of the tin I added some ribbon on two sides of the tin and left enough length of ribbon to be able to tie a bow on the top of the tin. I looked through my stash of baking labels and found the perfect one to adhere to the front of the tin. 
I also adhered the perfect Echo Park sticker (pack purchased at HM Ben Franklin Crafts) to the top of the tin.  I used Beacon Fabri-Tac glue as an adhesive for this project because it grabs quickly, dries clear, and is fast drying....also it is a staple at HM Ben Franklin Crafts.  I am especially pleased with the outcome of this recycled tin because it now will have a second more beautiful life.  Please try to upcycle as much as you can because we don't need more waste filling up our landfills.  Making an effort to recycle should be a goal for all of us in 2024!

                          Merry Christmas to All and May there always be COOKIES in your tin!

No comments: