Wednesday, December 13, 2023

Stenciled Xmas Tags

These tags started as test swatches for stencil cream (Opal Polish), Stickles gel, and Tim Holtz Stampers Anonymous Christmas stencils.  I discovered that while the Opal Polish worked well with the stencil it took awhile to dry...and I'm impatient!  The stencils also were a bit too small to use on a card so they were best sized for tags.  The Stickles gel did not show up well on printed card stock but perhaps it would work better on a solid colored sheet.
To make use of the test swatches, I decided to adhere them to some tags I cut using a Little B large tag die. On this tag you can see a bit of the pearlescent sheen of the Opal Polish.
Echo Park 'Titles and Phrases plus the Ephemera pack provided the words for these tags....so many pieces in each pack....what a bargain from HM Ben Franklin Crafts.  The glitter in the Stickles gel shows up a bit in this photo but it actually is REALLY sparkly.
On this tag I used the tree stencil with the Opal Polish white paste.  It is really a lovely product and would be perfect with a snowflake stencil.  I love that the stenciled images have a slightly raised surface....a nice texture.
The stenciled Stickles paste trees are very subtle but definitely add some sparkle to a tree print card stock tag. I think some of the Echo Park words are simply wonderful, useful and humorous. These tags were a great way for me to use up my test swatches....waste not, want not!  I can always use more tags especially since most gifts are now just tucked into bags with tissue paper....so simple!

 

No comments: