Friday, December 1, 2023

Vintage-Look Christmas Cards

I love the vintage look in cards, especially for Christmas or Valentine's Day, so when I saw these Stampers Anonymous Tim Holtz red rubber stamps, I HAD to have them!  These cards started with stamping on white marker paper with Momento permanent espresso dark brown ink. After trimming the images, the edges were stained with Momento caramel ink.  
Next I chose two Tim Holtz worn wall paper sheets and cut them in half. These were adhered to four Paper Accent red folded cards.
The stamped images were added along with some ephemera of plant images that were raised on foam dots for some added dimension.  Sorry, I forgot to show the Tim Holtz ephemera package in the bottom photo.

Finally, I used the Simon Says holiday word stamps and matching dies to create the words that were attached to the cards with foam dots. Gold ink and gold heat embossing powder were used to achieve the metallic look.  These cards were super simple to make and should work well to enclose the family newsletters that I am mailing out this year. Okay, I have a bunch more Xmas cards to create so I better get jingling! HO! HO! HO!




 

No comments: